Saturday, July 16, 2011

Jesus,couture me.


Because this industry can be a self-driven blood sucker, joining the fashion cult at a young age can be very risky. It becomes even more test appealing if entering head first with no morals or values to back up your determination. Before I finished my contract with Vogue Magazine I did one of my most cherished interviews with Jammie Chasteen, creator of Jesus Couture clothing and blog. Laying down the inside 'personals' on my most honest ideas of fashion,art and the fast life, I realized how very important it is to share stories similar to mine for fashionistas/fashionistos that may have (most likely) perceived it differently.

It is important,with everything you do, to make certain you are doing it for all the right reasons( not just because it looks cool). I think that is apart of the problem- many pursue creative careers without understanding it's history,significance and ugly side.In hopes of  adding clarity to the "fashion is a trend" epidemic, I 'let it all hang out' on JC.

Check it out!
http://jesuscouture.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=163%3Ainterview-qa-for-jccom-&catid=6%3Atips-tricks-and-trends&Itemid=2


Coco Chanel said it best:
"Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening. "

No comments:

Post a Comment