Monday, April 9, 2012

Invisible Me.

I was 12 years old when I started volunteering at homeless shelters and non-profit facilities. My innate passion to help my community increased when I decided to be apart of the Darfur in Los Angeles organization, which aimed to promote awareness and stop the genocide in Darfur, Africa. 

It is no surprise of the effect the Stop Kony initiative had on me and many of the organizations I have worked with. Despite the political and financial opposition the organization has been receiving this year, the root of the problem remains- children are being killed, kidnapped and misplaced.

If this is not enough knowledge to prompt us to make a change then..I don't know what will.

The Invisible Children Cover the Night event is quickly approaching. We received our kits & bracelets today to help us finally make Joseph Kony known but more importantly spread light on the innocent that are suffering everyday.


World peace starts with one small step.


http://www.invisiblechildren.com/

1 comment: